…among mammals, man has the most economical of antigravity mechanisms once the upright posture is attained. The expenditure of muscular energy for what seems to be a most awkward position is actually economical
What is Clinical Pilates/Yoga?
Clinical Yoga & Pilates is often prescribed for injuries and conditions of pain. Its outcome is to free the body of pain by increasing joint range of motion , enhancing strength and releasing tissue strain. This is done through a series of pilates mat-work and equipment based exercises. Clinical Yoga &Pilates can help reduce pain from injury or post surgery, enhance mobility, prevent injury, improve daily performance & energy levels. Functional movement equals ease of movement..
Benefits of a Clinical Yoga & Pilates programme
- Reduce low back & neck pain due to disc bulge
- Increase mobility & flexibility
- Reduce symptoms of Chronic fatigue
- Increase performance levels
- Educates you how to move your body efficiently
- Enhance quality of life through ease of movement
Tara has thousands of hours teaching and practicing ease of movement techniques with a wide variety of clients. She has a special interest in whip lash, knee & shoulder injuries using an evidence-based Pilates, Yoga and neuromuscular approach.
Rehabilitation at EARLY PILATES comes in many forms:
- Pilates for golf
- Corporate Yoga & Pilates classes
- Pilates for Breast cancer survivors
- Physical therapy & Neuro-Muscular Therapy
- Teacher Training workshops
Tip to release strain across back and shoulders
Instead of rolling your shoulders back,
Gently press your head back to an imaginary wall. Lift you chest , open your collar bones and slide your shoulder blades down your back. Take 10 deep breathes in and out, allowing the body to soften with each breathe.
For more information Contact Us.